“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.
I’ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase
‘each other‘ doesn’t make any sense.”
Mevlana Jelaluddin Rumi – 13th century
Late one night in February 2017, Phil ‘Philosofree’ Cheney had a dream.
In the dream a vision expanded of a radical new approach to connecting humans to themselves and each other. It presented an opportunity to define spirituality for each individual, and at the same time to identify and befriend those of a like spirit geographically near to them. The vision was big, and somewhat confronting in its scope, but it became named the Linked In Spirit Network, or LISN. (LinkedInSpirit.Net)
LISN holds that every human is rooted in the majestic tree of humanity, the deep subconscious roots that tap into our inner water, our inner dirt, and allow us to grow our branches to reach up with blossoms and fruit of virtue and compassion, to give back the oxygen of freedom to share with the universe, and to experience our own individual fragrance as a leaf or a bud in the organic whole. As such LISN is religion-neutral, respecting each religion, but also observing that the deep needs of humanity are to find connection, not difference.
Phil’s experience and background of 40 years of IT consulting, analysis, and corporate systems design, along with the experience of being a senior lecturer in Enterprise Integration at Flinders University in South Australia, enabled a clear system specification to be written by the end April. By then a team of support had been assembled, including a development relationship with an IT training institute in Kenya called Tunapanda.
“My heart has led me to care for the many who do not have a safe place for their soul, especially in the realm of social media. That is not good for spirit awareness or self-care.”
The tabs explain the LISN Vision & Values, the compelling case advantages, and the current status and functionality.
Below the tabs there is an expandable list of examples of LISN usage stories of how LISN can help people.
Enquiries are welcomed.
LISN vision is to positively influence a significant percentage of the world’s population with optimism for peace and abundance, an understanding of how much our spirits all have in common, a new self-defined language for exploring individual spirituality in safety, and new ways to connect to each other without telling, commenting, explaining, opinion or coercion.
Based on the work of Parker J Palmer ”
I have always been impressed by the ‘alchemy’ of the human heart – by its capacity to transform the suffering that comes to us all, into compassion and generosity of spirit.
I know so many people who have used their own wounds to become ‘wounded healers’.“
The LISN values and ethics are based on the premises of:
- The Charter for Compassion – we are all equal and on a journey of discovery that involves relationships that will improve as we empathize and care.
- The Golden Rule, to have compassion for oneself and then to play that compassion forward in a practical way to every person encountered.
- Inner Learning through inner LISNing to one’s own spirit, not by being told what to believe.
- Questions, not answers. An individual is encouraged to go to a religious group to discuss belief, LISN attends to what is behind the intent of belief.
- Encouragement to LISN to the common mystic wisdom of the ages through art, poetry, music etc. LISN seeks to expand compassion for our common human desire to belong, to have meaning, love and happiness, through understanding of other people’s longings.
- Confidentiality, with the choice of each member to befriend others if they wish.
- Community service. LISN offers supporting frameworks for spiritual groups to get connected to members worldwide in efficient, integrated and helpful ways.
LISN differentiators are:
LISN is being developed in three stages.